Thursday, October 8, 2009

Funky Hippy Girl

This is my senior, she's a funky hippy girl.
I love her style, I love that she doesn't
follow the pack, she is a trend setter and
more often than not, others follow her.

The first time she and her sister (the clothing
deconstructor) wrapped their hair I bit my tongue
and said, "Wow, that's different." With that fixed
smile that mom's wear when they are trying to
hide their true feelings. Remember, I'm the
girl who makes frilly little girl dresses. I can
honestly say now that I love her braid.
When I look at her I see a girl with self
confidence, not afraid to be herself.
I LOVE THAT!
Usually hair wrapping is done by simply wrapping
embroidery floss around a small strand of hair, from
the scalp to the very end. She did something
different with this one though, and she wouldn't
tell me what it was. She doesn't want anyone
else to "steal" her braid. I think, rather than
wrapping it, she braided it much like you do
friendship bracelets. Obviously she added beads along
the way to pump up the funk-o-meter!

WAY TO THINK FOR YOURSELF
FUNKY HIPPY GIRL!

1 comment:

  1. I thought your funky daughter might like these:

    http://www.heatherbaileystore.com/category-s/3.htm

    ReplyDelete