Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Creative Chaos

I'm a fly by the seat of my pants, toss my scraps over my shoulder kind of gal! My creativity thrives in the middle of chaos. I try to clean my sewing room once a week (I know Mom, I should put it away right after I use it). It takes about 3 sewing sessions to have the room looking pretty much like this.....


For some odd reason I've been "nesting" lately. NO! I'm not about to give birth! It must be winter, snow, cold, I don't know...anyway, I decided that I'm going to try to create without chaos. Can it be done? I don't know, maybe this is just my way of wallowing in the middle of all the chaos, while I try to organize.

First on my "to do" list is organizing my fabric. I've separated the fabric into big pieces (1/2 yd or more), fat quarters, and scraps.



Next I made a cardstock template, the size that I want my fabric stacks to be. I fold the fabric around this template, just like the girls at AE fold shirts over their little shirt folder.

They look so nice all lined up. I just honestly don't know if I can keep them this way. Part of my sick mind sees me going berserk after a few days and tossing it all in the air. Heaven help me!


I refurbished an old cherry wood shelving system with paint, fabric and cork board. I hooked a shoe organizer on the end of the system to hold all of my fat quarts. This is still a work in progress, it will be fun to see how it all ends up!


Crossing my fingers I can keep it this way!

6 comments:

  1. Oooo your craft/sewing room is starting to look really good! I love it. I still want/need to do a sewing day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your idea of folding your fabric. and i saw that idea of using the shoe organizer on Studio 5. i think it all looks great and good luck on the keeping it clean thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks so neat and tidy. It would only last a few days in my house :) I like the idea of using a shoe organizer for the FQ. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! But I am a sucker for anything organizational. :) It just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks so cute!!! way to go Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! You help my respiratory system. Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete