Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Storybook Christmas Skirt


Today we had our first snow and it couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. I spent the morning all snuggled up in my sweats watching the rain turn to snow and making my first of many Christmas skirts.


One of my favorite things in the whole world are "Golden Book" story books. Especially the old one's from the 1960's.... yea, I'm a 60's girl. So, the inspiration for this round of skirts comes from those sweet, innocent days.
Nothing says "innocent" more to me than gingham.




I have always loved the illustrations in this book.
I could absolutely see this sweet little girl in the skirts I made today.


The Little Red Hen is my all time favorite Golden Book story. Ask my kids, they'll verify it!

What's your favorite Golden Book?

2 comments:

  1. oh bobbi, this skirt is so cute. i love the bottom, what's that stuff called - anyway, darling darling darling! hope i get to see you at grandma's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skirt, so classically little girl.

    ReplyDelete